Sales and Use Tax Consulting
Proactive Tax Planning
Our mission is to help our clients prosper. Project managers shouldn’t have to understand sales tax law. In fact, most don’t. What they do understand is that the loss of 2 to 8% of their budget is something they cannot afford.
Understanding all of the variables in a business deal is essential. Nonetheless, we have had managers tell us that sales tax is just part of doing business.
Not understanding sales tax law and its implications can easily ruin a project budget that was otherwise created with the best of intentions.
That is where we come in.
Our years of experience and operational thinking give you the information required to make better decisions. Identifying tax saving opportunities, avoiding unnecessary costs, and trying to steer you through the minefield of sales tax law pitfalls is what we do. We identify these in the planning phase of projects, when the full bottom-line impact can be felt, not in hindsight, when unnecessary losses have already occurred.
Tax planning runs the gamut from assisting in project plans, to invoice design, purchase/sale documentation, and accounts payable review.
We have helped multiple oil and gas companies neutralize serious damage to their profits by identifying future pitfalls, reviewing daily transactions, recovering overpaid and overcharged sales and use taxes, and defending our clients during sales tax audits.
Our goal is not to become overhead for our clients but a profit center.
Tax Compliance Management
RSI Energy Solutions will make you aware of existing opportunities and work closely with your staff to improve tax compliance.
Our sales and use tax consulting services will:
- Help you identify and obtain required licenses and permits.
- Assist you in obtaining appropriate documentation from suppliers.
- Confirm that local taxes are being collected in the correct local jurisdiction.
- Provide guidance regarding multijurisdictional state tax laws.
- Review capital projects that are at the AFE phase and provide tax guidance.
- Identify large tax liabilities and correct the process so as to minimize future liabilities. (Done as part of reverse audit)
- Identify overpaid taxes and take corrective action to minimize future overpayments. (Done as part of reverse audit)
Contact us to learn more about why our clients rely on us to reduce their overpayments and increase tax savings.